B.S. in Psychology
The course is designed to prepare students for the next step: immediate employment or graduate school in the areas of counselling, child care, mental health, neuroscience, HRM, marketing, education, business psychology, social work, etc. What’s more, this qualification will undoubtedly make the migration process easy and stress-free for any student looking forward to a better career abroad.
Upon successful completion of their studies, majority of ANC studentsopt for Master’s in Clinical Psychology, awarded by the University of West London (UWL). They have the unique opportunity to complete both bachelor’s and master’s in Psychology within four years at ANC: they earn internationally recognized qualifications while saving up to 70% of the cost of reading for the same qualifications in the US and UK.
The State University of New York (SUNY)
SUNY is the largest comprehensive university system in the United States. Their impact in New York State and across the globe begins with their 64 institutions, including research universities, academic medical centers, liberal arts colleges, community colleges and colleges of technology.
More than 20 SUNY campuses have been ranked among the top colleges and universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (2017).
Why Major in Psychology?
• A highly flexible, marketable, and useful liberal arts degree that prepares students for many careers:knowledge and skills that one will develop as a Psychology major apply to a variety of careers in healthcare, business, education, social work, etc.
• One of the most popular undergraduate majors, with over one million bachelor’s degrees conferred annually ( National Center for Educational Statistics 2017)
• A graduate degree in psychology offers additional career opportunities (approximately 30,000 masters and about 7000 doctoral degrees in psychology are offered every year)
• An Opportunity to make a Difference: Psychologists, counselors, therapists, and community service workers can make a real difference in people’s lives by helping them overcome adversity, increase their well-being, and realize their full potential
Skills Developed as a Psychology Major
• Exposure to diverse perspectives: psychology students hone their critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills- valuable skills in today’s complex world
• Learn research methodology and statistical skills: this can ignite students’ interest in launching a prestigious career in research in a variety of settings such as academia, industry, government, social service agencies and nonprofits
• Interpersonal and intrapersonal skills: students develop skills to work with people and groups (They respect diversity) as well as to manage their emotions and behavior
• Communication and presentation skills: students write a great many papers based on empirical research and take courses that require discussion and debate. Dr Mojgan Shadbash, Academic Head of Psychology degree programs, is happy to have helped hundreds of ANC students embark on various careers in psychology.
“The very fact that a number of ANC graduates have opted to complete their Master’s also at ANC could be traced to the high standards we have maintained in our degree programs,”Dr Mojgan says.
• Classes are conducted in Colombo and Kandy.
Students with pending O/L results can now secure enrollment in B.S. Psychology program. For more information, please contact/ visit us at:
• 0777449955|www.ancedu.com| No.308 – 310, R. A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03
• 322, Peradeniya Road, Kandy
• or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ancedu/
B.S. in Psychology